Thursday, January 1, 2009

Here I go!

Well, I am going to join the world of blogging; if nothing else, so I can track my son Benjamin's progress with clubfoot. I have been finding many people online who have been an encouragement as our family gets started on this journey, so I want to try and offer that hope to others as well.

We are on day three of the shoes and brace...quite the experience! I kept telling people, "I'll be glad when we are done with the casts and move on to the brace...then I can give him a normal bath," but I am not sure what I was thinking!! Although he did get his first bath the day after the brace went on, the rest of life definitely hasn't been easy.

Right now the biggest challenge is getting his (left) foot into the shoe far enough that he doesn't squirm out of the shoe. One morning (after a trying night of crying) he had been asleep after about 2am, and I thought, "Wow, he is getting used to the brace." Imagine my surprise when I lifted the blanket off his legs and saw his little foot lying peacefully right next to the shoe! Needless to say, I popped the foot back in and counted that as his time out of the brace for that day! :)

Daughter Hannah has been a real trooper, though I am sure she gets jealous over the extra attention Benjamin is getting.

T

No comments:

Post a Comment